Versions: 10.0.1 - current
Product Availability: Designer Express (ArcFM Desktop)
The Remove tool is a sketch tool that allows the user to mark an existing feature (networked or non-networked) for proposed removal using Design Feature classes (DFCs) for facility sketching. A feature must map to a DFC in order to be marked for removal. This tool disregards any selected features that do not map to DFCs.
This developer sample illustrates how to use the FacilitySketcher class available for use with Designer Express.
How to Implement:
- You may modify the code sample. This step is not required.
- Build the solution.
How to Use:
- This tool is available ONLY with Designer Express. Ensure you have a Designer Express or Designer license checked out.
- In ArcMap, you will need to add this tool to a toolbar using the Customize Mode. Select Customize > Customize Mode and then choose the Commands tab.
- Scroll down to DeveloperSamples in the Categories window. Drag the Mark for Removal tool from the Commands window and drop it onto a toolbar.
- Create and open an Express Design.
- On the map, select the feature(s) you wish to mark for removal. If you include in the selected set a feature that does not map to a DFC, Designer Express will disregard it. Note that all selected features that do map to DFCs will be marked for removal.
The selected transformer in the image above has a corresponding DFC once it is marked for removal.
- Click the Mark for Removal button.
- Designer Express places a DFC with a work function of Remove next to the original feature to indicate it has been marked for removal.
All of the files shown below are required for the solution to build successfully.
|RemoveSketchTool.csproj||C# project containing the code to generate the Remove Sketch tool for Designer Express.|
|RemoveSketchTool.cs||This class module provides methods used by the Remove Sketch tool.|