Versions: 9.3.1 - current
Product Availability: ArcFM Engine
This login sample was created using the ArcFM Engine framework. It may be used with ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine or any custom ArcFM Engine application.
ArcFM uses several tables to store persistent information that is used to configure the ArcFM environment. These data include snapping environment settings, stored displays, page templates, and documents. In order to use these features, you must login to an ArcFM System Database - a database that contains these system tables. There are some cases where this login process could be customized or bypassed altogether.
This code sample creates an ArcFM login dialog that lets the user log into an Oracle or SQL Server database. This sample does not support login for personal geodatabases.
How to Implement:
- You may modify the code sample. This step is not required.
- Build the solution.
- Copy the DLL to the ArcFM Solution\bin directory.
- Create a string value called Login at one of the following locations in the Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine
- Right-click the Login key and create a String Value called LoginObject.
- Right-click the LoginObject String Value and select Modify.
- Enter the progID of the login object you wish to use in the Value Data field. The progID is Namespace.Class Name. For example: Miner.DeveloperSamples.Engine.EngineLoginObject.
- Any time you wish to use a different login object, modify this progID to correspond with the .cls you wish to use.
All of the files shown below are required for the project to compile successfully.
|ArcFMEngineLogin.sln||C# solution containing the Login code sample for ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine|
|ArcFMEngineLogin.csproj||C# project containing the code to generate a custom login object|
|EngineLoginObject.cs||Class module that implements IMMLoginObject and IMMChangeDefaultVersion|