Versions: 9.3.1 - current
Product Availability: ArcFM Engine
This sample electric trace performs the same functionality as the Downstream Trace in ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine. It finds all features (lines and devices) in a feeder system by phase that are downstream of the trace flag.
How to Implement:
- You may modify the code sample. This step is not required.
- Build the solution.
- Copy the DLL to the ArcFM Solution\bin directory.
- Open the ArcFM Engine Administrator and select the Layout and Licenses tab.
- Click the Commands node in the tree at the left, then click the Add button next to the Loaded Components column.
- Browse to the DLL you just compiled (e.g., ArcFMEngineElectricTraceStrategies.dll) and click Open.
- Select TraceDownstreamTool from the list of commands. Click Add.
- Click OK in the ArcFM Engine Administrator.
How to Use:
- First you'll add the command to a toolbar. In ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine, select Tools > Customize.
- Select the Commands tab and choose the ArcFM Developer Samples category.
- Drag the Dev: Downstream Trace tool and drop it onto a toolbar. Click Close on the Customize window.
- Click the Dev: Downstream Trace tool and then click an electric line feature on the map. This places a trace flag and initiates a trace of all features downstream of the trace flag.
All of the files shown below are required for the project to compile successfully.
|ArcFMEngineElecTraceStrategies.sln||C# solution containing the electric trace strategy code sample for ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine|
|ArcFMEngineElecTraceStrategies.csproj||C# project containing the code to generate a custom electric trace strategy|
|AssemblyInfo.cs||Class module to support the electric trace strategy|
|TraceDownstream.cs||Inherits from the BaseElectricTraceStrategy class to instantiate an electric trace to be executed|