Versions: 9.3.1 SP1 - 10.1
Product Availability: ArcFM Desktop, ArcFM Engine
Geodatabase Replication performs delta updates to maintain synchronized data. You may opt to receive a full download rather than a delta download, however this may be time consuming and use a large amount of bandwidth. This developer sample implements functionality that allows you to abort a full download of a replica under certain circumstances.
With this developer sample, the user is allowed to abort a full download any time EXCEPT when the download no data exists on the client. In this case the client requires a full download (i.e., bootstrap) and it cannot be aborted.
The sample Replication Console provided with this developer sample contains the same functionality as the out-of-the-box console, but with an added event handler called ReplicaStatusUpdated. The ReplicaStatusUpdated event handler checks the status provided by the ReplicaStatusEventArgs parameter passed to it. This handler maintains a list of replicas that have reported a "Bootstrap" status (full downloads on replicas in this list cannot be aborted).
Once the DownloadFullDatabase status is reported and the download is not yet in progress and this full download is not part of a bootstrap, the sample event handler uses a dialog box to prompt the user to abort the full download. If the user chooses to abort the full download, the handler changes the status argument to "Exit". The replica doing the full download recognizes the status change and exits rather than continue with the full download.
How to Implement:
- You may modify the code sample. This step is not required.
- Build the code sample.
- Browse to the installed ReplicationConsole.exe application. By default this executable is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\bin.
- Rename the installed ReplicationConsole.exe (e.g., installed_ReplicationConsole.exe). This ensures you don't lose the installed version of this application.
- Copy ReplicationSampleConsole.exe into your install Bin directory (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\bin).
- Rename ReplicationSampleConsole.exe to ReplicationConsole.exe.
How to Use:
- Configure replicas in the Geodatabase Replication application using the online help (Geodatabase section of the Configuration Guide).
- Any time a user performs a full download that is not a bootstrap on the client, he will be prompted with the option to cancel the full download.
All of the files shown below are required for the solution to build successfully.
|ReplicationSampleConsole.csproj||C# project containing the code to generate a custom Replication console|
|Program.cs||Class module that implements the custom Replication console.|
|AssemblyInfo.cs||Class module to support the tool|