This page outlines what's new in the current release. If you are upgrading from more than one release prior, it is important to review all What's New pages for each release between your original release and the release to which you are upgrading. You do not need to install each release between, only follow the upgrade steps and review the What's New pages. The current release installer will provide all functionality enhancements since your original version.
This page outlines the upgrade steps for various ArcFM Solution applications. These are basic required upgrades and do not include configuration for new tools. If you are skipping release versions (e.g., upgrading from 9.3.1 to 10.0.1), note the following:
- DO NOT install each release in between. Only install the version to which you're upgrading.
- DO review the upgrade steps for each release in between the original version and the one to which you're upgrading. Perform any additional upgrade steps outlined on these pages (e.g., recommended Esri patches, Responder upgrade steps, Process Framework database upgrades, etc.).
- DO run the Create/Update ArcFM Solution System Tables tool only once. There's no need to run it multiple times.
- DO run the Upgrade ArcFM Solution Database tool only once. There's no need to run it multiple times.
- DO review the What's New page for each release in between. These pages will outline the new functionality available to you.
- DO review the Migration pages for each release in between. These pages will let you know if you need to compile custom code.
This section provides a list of API changes that may impact your custom code. Be sure to review the API changes and perform any migration steps for releases between your original version and the one to which you are upgrading.
- Ensure that your hardware and software meet the ArcGIS system requirements. These requirements are available at http://support.esri.com/.
- Ensure that your hardware and software meet the ArcFM system requirements defined at the ArcFM Solution Supported Versions web page.
What's New in ArcFM Desktop?
The Upgrade Compatible Units routine in the Migrate Data tab of the Compatible Units Administration tool has been enhanced to search for compatible units (CUs) anywhere in the previous CU library, including all categories and components of all favorite types.
The following enhancements have been added to Mobile.
- Mobile now supports relationships based on Global IDs.
- This release addresses the issue regarding broken relationships resulting from features containing different GUIDs between SDE and mobile client geodatabases. It requires that you run the ArcFM Set Server OID tool on your Initial Extract database.
- The GDB Extraction tool is now neither accessible nor supported.
What's New in Responder?
The following optional configurations are available for Responder:
- Setting the Multicast Network Card IP Address: Allows you to set the IP address for your active network card on your receiving/listening port.
- Restart Services via Notify Network Change Button: Allows you to restart Responder services after an Esri replication without experiencing any downtime for these services. You can modify the Notify Network Change button to restart services in a staggered manner to refresh the network without client applications having to be down for any period of time.