There are (at least) two ways to disable functionality in ArcFM without uninstalling it. These two ways allow ArcGIS to open without the ArcFM login or toolbars.
- Disable the product through License Manager
- Close ArcGIS.
- Open the ArcFM Desktop Administrator: Start > All Programs > ArcFM Solutions > Desktop Administrator.
- On the Software Product tab, in the Software Product section, set both dropdowns - System and Current User - to the value <No Product>.
- Click the OK button and start ArcGIS to confirm functionality.
- Disable ArcFM through a registry edit
If using the Desktop Administrator for each user is not feasible or if an administrator would like to script this change, it is possible to set a registry key instead. License check out is based on some registry key values that are set on a per-user basis. These keys are located in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Miner and Miner\Desktop Manager\Products
In this registry are five DWORD values:
- ArcFM Viewer
- Designer Express
To activate a specific license, one of those 5 needs a value of 1 and the others need a value of 0. For example, to disable all ArcFM features, set <None> to a value of 1 and the rest to 0. This allows ArcGIS to open without ArcFM.