When the Change CU utility is run, all of the expected CUs are not available in the Select CU dialog. Change CU can be run by right-clicking a CU in the Targets tab or Design tab when a design is open in ArcMap. It is also available when editing a CU favorite in ArcMap or in the ArcFM Favorites Manager in ArcCatalog.
CUs will only appear in Change CU when they have been added directly under a category in either System Favorites or Compatible Units, using the ArcFM Favorites Manager. They will not be shown if they are only included in a CU favorite and are not directly under a favorite category.
Follow the steps in this example to add the CU directly under a category in the CU favorites:
- Start ArcCatalog and connect to the database as SDE.
- Right-click on the database and select ArcFM Favorites, or select the heart icon from the ArcFM Solution toolbar.
- Select the Compatible Units tab.
- Create a new category (or use an existing category) in either System Favorites or Compatible Units.
- Right-click the category and select Add CU from CU Library.
- Find the CU and double-click to add it to the Selected list.
- Click OK. The CU is now directly under the Cable category.
- Click OK to save the favorites.