We launched ArcFM Mobile in July, and we're off to a good start. It's an exciting development, and I hope you follow the space and look into some of the things we've been working on. The press has taken notice, and several articles and posts have popped up over the past couple of months. Here is a running list:
- Skye Perry shares some of his first impressions of Orbit when we provided an early look at our Link 2013 conference this spring. I enjoy SSP's blog - always great insight here. Check it out if you haven't already.
- Somebody in Colorado wrote this - while it isn't specifically about Orbit, the article describes some of the issues we wanted to solve with Orbit.
- Smart Grid News discusses data collection in this article on using smart devices to rapidly collect field data. Just a disclaimer here - we don't currently have smartphone apps for Orbit. Right now, we're focused on tablet form factors - and I'd love to hear your feedback on that. Regardless, SGN describes the problem we're solving quite well - Just put it in the context of "tablets".
- Read GreenTechGrid's take on Orbit here.
- A good overview of Orbit from Utility Products
- A quick mention of Orbit at Utility Dive - again, there's a context of smartphones, but they also mention tablet forms. And to my friends at utilities around the world: if the smartphone is your secret weapon, share that secret here - I'd love to hear what your organization is thinking.
- CIO Review just published an article from our own Scott Higgins - describing damage assessment workflows and why you need Orbit.
- Read about Lincoln Electric System here.